BASF and the SF-Marin Food Bank celebrated the results of the annual Food From the Bar (FFTB) campaign at an awards ceremony at the Merchants Exchange Club on June 20. FFTB is the legal community’s annual fundraising drive to benefit the SF-Marin Food Bank.
The campaign included 70 participating organizations in San Francisco and Marin County, raising more than $726,655, surpassing last year’s campaign by $37,000. FFTB also collected 8,500 pounds of food and contributed 1,456 volunteer hours at the food bank.
Money donated, food collected and volunteer time will help distribute 2.18 million pounds of food to more than 450 pantries and agencies serving seniors, children and adults throughout San Francisco and Marin.
Awards were announced as follows:
- The “Top Fundraising” honor went to, for the tenth year in a row, the Fremont Group, with an amazing $124,410 raised!
- Bechtel was recognized as the “Top Foodraiser” bringing in 1,275 pounds of food.
- The “Top Volunteer” award went to The Fremont Group for mobilizing 192 hours of volunteer service.
- The “Per Capita Grand Prize” went to the Kaufhold Gaskin for raising the most money per person, followed by The Fremont Group; Munger, Tolles & Olson; and Rogers Joseph O’Donnell.
- Additionally, Keker, Van Nest & Peters was recognized for raising $15,751 on the first day of the campaign, surpassing their 2016 winning amount by over $10,000!
The 2018 Food from the Bar campaign will begin May 1, 2018.