On Wednesday October 7, The Bar Association of San Francisco will present its 2015 U.S. Supreme Court Preview, hosted by the Appellate Section of the Barristers Club.
The top-notch panel is composed of:
- Rory Little, UC Hastings College of the Law
- Jane Schacter, Stanford Law School
- Fred Smith, UC Berkeley School of Law
- Benjamin Horwich, former Assistant to the U.S. Solicitor General, now at Munger, Tolles & Olsen
They will discuss what the court will do when it considers cases this term on:
- What it means to have “one person, one vote”
- How many jurors must agree to sentence someone to death
- Whether to eliminate affirmative action in public universities once and for all
- Whether lifetime solitary confinement violates the Eighth Amendment
- and plenty more
Join us and learn all you need to spend the rest of the year impressing your family, friends, and clients with your knowledge about the the big cases.